Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Musings

A friendly ear
AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Re: Musings

Postby AleisterCrowley » May 8th, 2021, 11:04 pm

In the Oxford Illustrated Dictionary, I appear under 'Psychopath' It's an unflattering photo. ;)
You have just reminded me actually, I'll have to try to 'organise' another Fool Social in June /July -'post Covid'
Why not pop along and say hi? We're actually quite friendly, and I've never been to one which has descended into a rolling street fight..yet.
Although... The Clachan has smelly drains and the staff are keen to keep us 'behind the line' when we are outside.

Sunnypad
Lemon Slice

Postby Sunnypad » May 8th, 2021, 11:33 pm

AleisterCrowley wrote:In the Oxford Illustrated Dictionary, I appear under 'Psychopath' It's an unflattering photo. ;)
You have just reminded me actually, I'll have to try to 'organise' another Fool Social in June /July -'post Covid'
Why not pop along and say hi? We're actually quite friendly, and I've never been to one which has descended into a rolling street fight..yet.
Although... The Clachan has smelly drains and the staff are keen to keep us 'behind the line' when we are outside.

Thanks you, that's kind. I don't really do central London and/or noisy pubs as I find them hard to cope with for a range of reasons. You very helpfully gave me directions out of Moorgate station quite recently! For leisure purposes, it's highly unlikely but I appreciate you asking.

The comments about relationships got me thinking. I might still be interested in sharing a quiet life and custody of a country house and cat with someone ....if they were out a lot and the cat was in a lot....

i think I mentioned it on the old site and got flamed. But there is so much interminable hassle in relationships, that's the only core motivation I could think of...and it would be more a friendship. I certainly don't have much to offer other than Grumpy Perimenopausal Womanitis.

Whatever happened to lavender marriages, eh?!

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » May 9th, 2021, 12:32 am

Well, the Clachan is quite good as it's a single tube jouney from most major London staions - although I've had problems finding my way back to the nearest one afterwards...
Despite being together for c13 years my ex (I'll call her 'Laura'..it's close) and I never lived together - I used to see her at weekends and that was it. I think I'm so 'selfish' now I'd find it hard to share a house with someone - all that hassle around getting up times and bathroom rotas???
I could probably handle a few cats...

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » May 9th, 2021, 6:01 am

Sussexlad wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:
Sussexlad wrote:
I suspect most of life's twists and turns are chance rather than planning.

It would be a real shame if we couldn't plan or work hard to influence things at least a bit though, don't you think?

Yes of course there are things you can plan but there's no guarantee they will work out, life's just not like that.

I agree, of course, and that's why I used the word 'influence', rather than 'guarantee'....

As an example that I hope explains myself a little further, and also hopefully encapsulates some of your own thoughts above to some degree - I do an awful lot of walking, and some of this is 'street-walking' if I venture into town for something, and if the weather is nice then I will always avoid walking on the 'shady' side of the street, and I'll cross over to the brighter side as I make my way through the streets of tall houses on my normal route to town...

This take a little more effort, and there is of course no 'guarantee' that any small clouds will part and bathe me in the nice, warming sun on any particular leg of my trip, but when those clouds do part, and that sun does shine, then I'll always try to make sure that I'm in the best position I can get myself into so as to benefit from it, and when that happens, as I find it often does, then the whole trip becomes so, so much nicer, and the day becomes that little bit brighter...

As you say - there's no guarantees, of course, and those small clouds might sit in front of the sun for much of the trip anyway...I can't control that.....but, if I catch a bit of luck and the clouds do part, then I've made a bit more effort to help influence the whole process, and I've positioned myself, as best I can in the given circumstances, to take advantage of those nice, sunny times if they do actually occur....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess (a cat lover too...)

Sunnypad
Lemon Slice

Postby Sunnypad » May 9th, 2021, 10:19 am

AleisterCrowley wrote:Well, the Clachan is quite good as it's a single tube jouney from most major London staions - although I've had problems finding my way back to the nearest one afterwards...
Despite being together for c13 years my ex (I'll call her 'Laura'..it's close) and I never lived together - I used to see her at weekends and that was it. I think I'm so 'selfish' now I'd find it hard to share a house with someone - all that hassle around getting up times and bathroom rotas???
I could probably handle a few cats...

There's a great scene in Downton Abbey with Mary saying "marriage will change - it won't be two people occupying separate wings of the same house". :lol: That I could do!

Itsallaguess - I do that but I don't think of it as planning.

Today is the elder care visit. Le sigh.

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » May 9th, 2021, 12:40 pm

Good luck! :)

Sunnypad
Lemon Slice

Postby Sunnypad » May 9th, 2021, 5:13 pm

AleisterCrowley wrote:Good luck! :)

Thanks
Today was okay

My sister doesn't see mum any more really. She can't cope at all, which I understand more than I used to. Feels like more for me to do though.

Hope Fools had a good Sunday?

Return to “Comfort Cafe”