Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Hattrick Season 79

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Hattrick Season 79

Postby Eastheath » August 27th, 2021, 8:17 pm

Hattrick managers seem to be losing their mojo, but just in case we find the enthusiasm again, here's the thread for a new season.....

Series V
Back to the lowly depths of series V, after two quick seasons in IV.
On paper, subject to any last minute transfers from the other teams, we look the strongest. That makes me mildly confident, but ask me again around week 4....

Last season I sold a 33 yo striker for £1.76m, and brought in a 36 yo defender as cover for a couple of injuries, but other than that have done little with the first XI. Training regime is scoring.
My current front three strikers are magical (27yo), extra-terrestrial (25) and titanic (22), while the trainees are magnificent (19), outstanding (18) and formidable (18), so hopefully they will bang a few goals in and the trainees will improve their skillage and be worth something when time comes to sell.

Cup R1 passed without incident, winning 1-4. R2 is doable too.
Money in the kitty is £0.85m, not a lot. Coach has solid skill, no issues there, while four of the first XI are in their 30s, so thats where the transfer money will go when I next sell my trainees for some magic beans.

Good luck this season....

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Re: Hattrick Season 79

Postby Eastheath » August 30th, 2021, 1:30 pm

week 1 started with a 2-1 home win, much closer than I expected, but the right start anyway.
Cup game this week is winnable, and next weeks away game in league is also winnable.
Too early to say we are going straight back up, so much can go wrong (and usually does)....

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » August 30th, 2021, 8:50 pm

Still here...

Kevster's IV.27
Finished second last season, but now only 4 weeks until my rebuild starts, so the sell down and preparations continue - I've pretty much decided that trying to survive in IV would only prolong the pain so my focus is on completing current training and the next phase, not league performance and I may autorelegate this season. As such, I lost league week 2-0 away, but hope to get through a couple more Cup rounds if I can.

Hoi An Lunt Kickers, III, Vietnam
Promoted to the toughest Div III in VietNam so switched to III.11. This team is also a couple of weeks into a rebuild, but it should be feasible to survive. On the basis of TSI and Hatstats, I hope to finish 5th or 6th this time, even though I'm training def and am playing with 5 at the back, including some starting with poor and weak def skills. I won away in League R1, and also in the Cup. The next two league games are at home against the two strongest teams in the league, so will lose these.

Fly Suckers, VI, England
Relegated to a league full of bots, so moved to VI.3, where there are a couple of other active teams, but I should win this and promote. Lost in Cup R1. Started the league with a 6-0 win. The target is to remain top for the entire season.

Cheers,

Kevster

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » September 7th, 2021, 12:03 pm

Week 2

Kevster's IV.27

I was losing 0-4 at half time in the league game , which was a bit harsh I thought. The ME had given me no chances versus their 6 and I had 45% possession. Final Score: 5-4! Wow: Comeback King achievement awarded! Two winger trainees went off injured, but both have recovered enough to complete their training minutes in the Cup tonight, which I'm still in.

I lost 1-2 to one of the top teams in the league. I lost 2-0 in the main Cup, which was also harsh. I expect to lose again this week in the league.

Fly Suckers, VI, England
2-4 away win to a bot.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » September 8th, 2021, 12:39 am

that is quite some comeback Kevster, I dont think I've seen a 0-4 reversal before! Nice one.

We had a 2-4 away win to one of the better teams, which continues to be encouraging for the season ahead. They had a defender sent off after 27 mins, after which we started to rack up the goals. They got two late consolations. The win puts us top with 2 wins out of 2, no one else has managed to win both opening games, which gives us a good start.

Cup wise, last weeks 1-3 away win has been followed by tonights 7-0 home win, I suspect they didn't try as hard as they could have. Next week's Cup game is against a team a league above us, so I think that might be it for this season.

All in all, going well so far.

e

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » September 13th, 2021, 6:03 pm

Week 3

Last weeks 7-0 cup win was followed by this weeks 7-0 league win, which keeps us top with a 100% record and a 3 pt gap to 2nd.

This weeks cup game is against a team that also has a 100% record, but in the series above, so we are expecting to go down albeit it will be fighting. The league game next week is also looking promising, so we hope to keep that lead at the top.

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » September 17th, 2021, 12:50 am

Week 2

Kevster's IV.27

2-0 away loss in the league. 0-3 away win in the Conspirator Memorial Cup.
The next round of matches will be the last before I sell up most of the remainder of my squad, promote a couple of YAs and start my rebuild/cycle, so this next League game will possibly be my last chance to win some points this season.
I've got £18million in the bank and about £24million-worth of players to sell in the switchover.

0-1 loss to the other of the top 2 strongest teams in the league. A bit of an upset loss in the secondary Cup, so friendlies midweek from now on.
Next week I'm away to the team that I'd say is the most similar to mine in terms of age, activity, TSI - they also switched leagues as soon as that window opened, so I'm crediting them with some nous.

Fly Suckers, VI, England
0-7 away win to one of the two other active teams in the league and a 4-2 win in the Craig Wozniak Cup to keep a bit of revenue coming in from that source. I sold a couple of trainees last week and bought a new batch. I'got over a million in the bank for the first time. I'm not investing in the rest of the squad until towards then end of the season as I'm hoping to promote with what I currently I have.

Cheers,

Kevster

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » September 20th, 2021, 11:39 am

4 games in already...

England.

I'm in II.7 with matt- and Jack whom I know quite well from their involvement with NT/U21, and I've not been in a league with either before. It makes the Friday division battle more fun that's for sure. matt- dropped down from II and Jack promoted up from IV, and I lost away to Jack already but managed to beat matt- yesterday. Two of the goals were scored by Dowse, who was formerly owned by matt- in his 2nd team, training for the Albion Project until he changed his mind. I had one or two unsolicited messages congratulating me for beating him from managers outside our league which means it was probably being discussed somewhere. Not sure where... Former Fool Ashfordian is also in my league with Wycombe Wandering - he beat Jack 4-1 this week and is up to 2nd, behind matt- level on points and -1 GD.

The win puts me up to 4th after 4. I had an xp pop on a solid leadership 34 year old. The prices in the solid leadship market have taken a nosedive since the GMs announced rules about hoarding players that don't play for liquidity, so I'd previously have valued him at 2.5m for 12xp and 7 leadership, and have now listed for £1.2m which seems consistent with the current market.

Sold an unpred WB 17/0 for £1.33m just over a week ago, the YA has some more solid defenders coming through but no more with specs.

England NT

Qualified for Q2 of the World Cup on Friday, with a game to spare. The new format is quite intense, more games mean more of everything. The slack community side is taking off quite well, but there's still a few issues on the support from scouting/communicating with managers of youngers players which I've delegated (no time to do this myself) which needs to be readdressed at some point.

Oceania

MY England NT GK picked up an injury as did my oldest forward. I'd bought a 3rd forward just before the start of the season, another unpred (as they are harder to man-mark and CA teams can come unstuck with that sort of thing). I was facing a big attack this weekend and it was sunny. This meant my own MM (a powerful) would be less effective, and although I usually would select him in midfield to mark a forward, I wasn't comfortable with this necessitating giving up central attack and missing out on a normal chance (with the midfield % drop). We were unlucky not to convert any of the chances that came, and they converted 1 to win 1-0. The loss means I'm top of II.1 with the team that dropped down from the Pacific Prem division a point behind. The 4 NT full-backs from Oceania have all been involved this season, one getting sent off in game 8 leading to a loss and another scoring on Friday as Oceania secured passage to Q2 at the expense of Barbados (managed by micha - the English Champions manager).

My YA is going through a barren patch, hopefully this will resolve over this season and give me a few players to consider rebuilding the team around in 2-3 seasons time.

South Africa

4 wins from 4 so far in III.13. I neat the team in 2nd 3-0 yesterday and last seasons champions 0-1 in the first game of the season. I'm running at 10% training GK now with a level 4 financial assistant, and had a decent Cup run (knocked out in R4 by a top division team last week 1-2 not too shabby either). Funds were beginning to spill into reserves, so I bought a local Tech winger from a SA II side shortly before Sunday's game, which should mean I'm ready to fight for the title again this season. My hg GK should pop to mythical this week, shortly before he turns 25. The whole team (barring the coach) are from African nations and the self-imposed restriction is making the build more fun.

The YA is OK, I've one excellent prospect (tech defender - although mid 17s on promotion) coming through and a couple of solids in the mix, but no really big earners to help improve the team.

Hope you're all doing well and I can get another update in before the end of the season!

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » September 20th, 2021, 1:04 pm

good to hear from you and on your progress Bink - and nice to hear Ashfordian is still around (albeit not Fooling around)....

A 0-3 away win to one of the weaker teams, using my trainee forwards, keeps me top in series V and on course. Next game is home to what are becoming the whipping boys in 8th, so it should be 3pts there. However the hardest games will be weeks 6 to 9, so at the end of week 9 we will have a clearer idea of how the season will pan out.
I saved the first team for the coming Cup game against a team from III, certainly dont expect to win but I do hope to give them a game. Finger crossed....

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » September 23rd, 2021, 6:46 pm

Week 4

Kevster's IV.27

A 4-0 home win to the bottom team in the league, leaving me on 4th win 6 points; however, these could be the last points I win this season as it is the final week before I sell up and start the rebuild. I was concerned when a trainee got injured in the league game that he will not get the minutes to pop in Wing before I switch to Defending for the next 30-32 weeks, but he recovered enough to play in the Memorial Cup midweek. I'll get confirmation in the training update in 90 minutes whether everyone has popped that I need to. Some players are already listed and I've bought all but one of my profit-def trainees in the last couple of days, including two keepers. I will have 2 YAs promote in the next week and a half and I've bought a Sri Lankan lad for £1.67m as my other Core trainee who will stay with me for the next 15 or so seasons. The hope is he could make their NT eventually which will help with the wages.

I said I may not win any more points in the league, but I'm playing a team this Sunday who bizarrely only put three players out last weekend and conceded a walkover. They are still logging in, but I can't see any comments as to whether they've set orders for this weekend. I'm wondering whether to assume so, risk getting thrashed, and saving the best of my new squad for the Memorial Cup.

I won away 0-1 to a similar team to me. I'm reevaluating my prospects here. I had assumed a fifth/sixth-placed finish, but I'm wondering if third, say, or second, even, may be possible along with the prize money for Div III, as the second-strongest-squad conceded a walkover due to having six injuries despite having more than enough squad players, which alerted me to the fact that they haven't logged on since beginning of August. I didn't benefit from this when I played them a couple of weeks ago and they'll have enough back in a couple of weeks to field a team, but when will they get botified? I'm home to the weakest team this week and have no Cup distractions.

Fly Suckers, VI, England
I was able to put my new trainees out against a League bot and won 7-1, but my first team still lost 1-5, somewhat harshly, in the Wozniak Cup to a CA team. The 100% league season is still on.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » September 27th, 2021, 8:17 pm

Another comfortable 7-1 home win, against the bottom team, keeps me 3 pts ahead at the top, Pld 5 W 5, steady as she goes.
Picking up a rash of injuries though, three first teamers are currently out, will need to be back on form for weeks 7 and 8, the two hardest games of the season.
Finally fell over in the English Cup, losing 0-2 to a team from III, so we move into the George Carey Cup instead. Lets see if we can annoy any of the big guns there.....

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » September 30th, 2021, 5:27 pm

Week 5

Kevster's IV.27

The first week with my new trainees currently at the bottom of their curves, new Defender training regime and therefore new formations, so I lost in the league 0-4 as expected. I saved my better players for the Wozniak Cup, but we went out of that 2-4, too. I've still got three or four higher-value players to sell, but I'm not slashing their prices yet. I'll try to dig out some results with CA, if possible, but relegation is realistic and probably for the best. My fans are already "angry" and the fan club is haemorrhaging, 18 down this week..

I promoted my star HG YA player this week in time to play in Tuesdays' friendly. Another will promote next week, so that will be the core trainees, along with the lad from Sri Lanka, incorporated. That's also 2 entries in Bink's Raymond Elias Trophy.

Home 4-1 win against possibly the weakest team in the league, moving me up to third. I had 7 defender pops in this week's training (including a forward by osmosis).
This week I'm away to a team that started the season punching above their weight - perhaps they played the 3 weakest teams in their first 3 games; anyway, I'm hoping to beat them with a CA to pass them into second place.

Fly Suckers, VI, England
I'm home to the only other team with a 100% league record, but I should give them a good beating to put them in their (second) place.

Cheers,

Kevster

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » October 5th, 2021, 11:58 pm

Week 5

Kevster's IV.27

4-1 away loss, to be expected. Down to 7th. Results don't matter I keep telling myself. Focus is on the new training regime.I promoted my last HG YA who played his first game in yesterday's friendly.

1-3 away against second-placed team moving me up to their place. My opponents also placed CA orders, suggesting some tactical naivety, but they are not alone as one of the other matches in the league had both team setting CA orders. I really think I can win 3 or 4 of the next four games, giving me a great chance of winning some decent league prize money for a second-place finish in Div III. That would be pretty good for this team's third ever season.

Fly Suckers, VI, England

4-1 win leaving me with the only 100% record.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » October 11th, 2021, 10:00 pm

Looks like I missed a week - apologies!
Gameweek 6 was a 2-3 away win against 4th, to maintain the 100% record. First game in the george carey cup was a close 3-2 home win against a better team, which was pleasing.
Gameweek 7 was the first of the back to backs, against my closest rival in 2nd. He put down a 5-3-2 CA formation, which proved to be a pain to get past. We had six chances to his one, but came out with a 0-0. Very frustrating to lose the 100% record.
This weeks cup game doesn't even give us a sniff of a chance, so I think we will bow out here to a team a series above.
The next league game we are away to our rivals. We should edge midfield again, but will have to break down that brick wall again, and try not to concede in the process...
e

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » October 21st, 2021, 10:32 am

I did an update last week, but I can't see it here!

Week 8

Kevster's IV.27

Rebuild is well under way. I've sold all the players I want to now, my total TSI has gone down from a max of about 1.3million to just over 400K, and wages down from £290K to a bit over £60K. I've lost 4 in a row in the league, not unexpectedly, but have a chance of winning at home this week against 6th. I'm going down though.

An away draw keeps me in second.. I'm home this week to the team in third by goal difference. I really should win based on expected stats to put some space between us. My latest stadium expansion should be complete in time.

Fly Suckers, VI, England
8 wins out of 8 in the league. Away to second place this week, so competitiveness for a change, but I should win.
I'm starting to think about squad strengthenings required for next season after promotion. I had a mill in the bank and am selling three trainees over the next four weeks, which will hopefully net about 4 million after replacements. I was going to wait until the seasonal drop in transfer costs (~week 12?) but the money was burning a hole in my pocket so I've bought a couple of defenders/WBs. I will try to hold off for a few weeks, though, before buying more expensive forwards and a GK.

Cheers,

Kevster

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » October 21st, 2021, 12:38 pm

Quick update.

England NT

Having won our Q1 group at the World Cup, we were drawn into a group of death with Italy, France and Latvia. 1pt after 3 games was followed by a skanky win at home to France and a 4-4 away draw to Italy, leaving us with one game to play, tomorrow away to Latvia who are 3pts and +5GD ahead of us. We need to win by 3 clear goals away from home with approx 0.5 TS disadvantage. Our most in form winger picked up an injury at the weekend, and we have one nasty forward in passable form we can consider dropping in the fog of war to consider another player call-up.

The odds are stacked against us progressing to Q3...

England

3rd after 8 games, and my target is to finish 5th or 6th in III for the xp gains in a qualifier. I'm trying to sell 5 older players, 4 with solid leadership - all with xp gains since I bought them, but the market on these sorts of players is in disarray as the solid coach hoarding has been disincentivised. All are still playable though so the timing (for managers raching an understanding which solid leaders are more useful) is just not in my favour atm. It's a buyers market, effectively. I have £3m cash and the players are worth approx £10, which is a long way off what I'd need to build without selling scoring trainees to strengthen the team. That means I'll be selling 2-3 in 2-3 seasons time I reckon.

5th is 2pts behind me, so I need to get them shifted and to lose a few games with a weakened team.

Training scoring full-time now - Dowse (quick) aged 28/12 is already good enough to warrant NT tracking (17SC 14Wg 11 PM & Ps), and Schafer is arguably the best English PNF age 27/41 with 16PM 15.35Sc, 10Wg & 12Ps.

The youth team produced an unpredictabe defender in week 3 that sold for £1.3m and there's a couple more 17/0 solid defenders due to promote without spec by the end of the season. Not quite a purple patch, but there's not much exciting in the pipe for next season yet.

Oceania

We hot knocked out of the Cup yesterday (last 8) by the best team in Oceania at the moment, 1-2. Replays had us at 37% for the win and the scoreline was pretty close to the average goals expected, so no complaints. I spent £6.8m just before the start of the season on a 29yr old unpred FTW with the aim of improving my central attack options and formations to include 3 up front for my specialist build CA team. Unfortunately, injuries have constrained me to 2 most of the time anyway, but its better than being restricted to one! Both England (2) and Oceania (4) NTs have made plenty of use of my full-backs - meaning my wage bill - which has just dipped under £400k pw has been affordable, especially with the decent Cup run.

In the league we're top of II.1 and 2pts below the auto-promote line, and 2pts ahead of the only team that has beaten me this season (1-0 in week 4). I face them on 7th November, and it looks like a key game to decide who wins the series.

1st team training has been focused on set pieces, and the Oceanian NT has been using my Wb as SP takers for many games, although their still sub divine. The best of my English Wb is currently ET SP , and turns 32 next week. Now I'm out of the Cup and assuming England join Oceania has knocked out of the WC, I'll top up wing/def/passing skill-drops as well before the start of next season, when the Continental Cups begin again.

Team cash reserves are £3m - I need some cover for my injured 34/67 forward, but without continued NT subsidised wages it may be that I need to keep my powder dry for the moment and see how that plays out.

After the previous season produced £12m in income from 3 17/0 player sales, the current crop has been extensively underwhelming (£28k this season so far). The only half decent prospect I have coming through is 15/76 atm - unpredictable with solid scoring potential but weak passing/PM caps. Hope he has some wing potential, but it seems very unlikely he'll fetch anything close to the sort of lotto winning funds we got last term.

South Africa

I was pleasantly surprised to make the last 16 of the Cup. Training GK full-time now with my home-grown 25/23 currently 17GK 14Def 17SP and my unpred solid leader Nigerian age 27/12 a full level of GK back at ET with 15 Def 16SP and 6 Passing. Other than the current Finnish coach, all players have originated from the African continent.

I bought a South African Tech winger in week 4 age 29 for just under £3m, mainly to keep funds from going to reserves whilst boosting an area of the team which was desperately in need of an upgrade. I picked up a fortunate win in week 1 against last season's champions and currently sit top with 8 wins from 8, 23 goals and none conceded. The new purchase has allowed the team to compete for midfield from time to time, to add to the CA and occasional LS strategy, and a loss for last season's champs this week means I'm currently top by 5pts.

The youth team has had a dry spell. My best is due to promote age 17/54 - technical with planned excellent defending (on track), and other than pulling a youngster called Bruce Lee - technically gifted but with with no skills to train other than a passable scoring cap - the rest of the youngsters seem to be a lot of dross and next season doesn't auger particularly well either.

This team is still in its first cycle, but with £13m in the bank and on track to progress to II, its doing OK, although I doubt I'll have the resources to make a serious stab at the top flight.

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » October 24th, 2021, 2:13 pm

Hi Bink,

as you're training forwards and know about top-tier potential of such players, I've got a couple of prospects in my second English team, Fly Suckers, I'm wondering whether to get excited about:

Bernard Haw Nationality: England
16 years and 105 days, can be promoted in 43 days.
Spec unknown
Keeper unknown
Defending ?/4
Playmaking 6/6
Winger 5/7
Passing 5.7/7
Scoring 6.3/7
Set pieces unknown

Currently training Pass/Sc with the aim of him hitting 7&7 passing and scoring when he can promote at 17.036. Hattrick youthclub puts his HTMS @ 2202.

Last week's youth pull has also just been revealed as excellent scoring potential:
Jason Gough Nationality: England 15 years and 34 days, Can be promoted in 190 days.
Spec unknown
Keeper unknown
Defending 4/5
Playmaking unknown
Winger unknown
Passing 4/4
Scoring ?/8
Set pieces unknown

Jason is a full 20 weeks behind Bernard from being promoted, but has plenty of time to max his skills. I'm hoping to reveal his PM potential in the next friendly.

I can also promote this chap tomorrow, who I was going to sell, but I will have a PM training slot come available next week:

Bryan Tomlin Nationality: England
16 years and 111 days, can be promoted in 1 day.
Spec unknown
Keeper unknown
Defending 3/?
Playmaking 5/5
Winger ?/5
Passing 7/7
Scoring 6/6
Set pieces unknown
HTMS: 2111

I've been looking for an excuse to change training strategy for this team (currently PM for money). Is it worth building a plan around Bernard and Jason, or if they turn out to not have of specs, will that severely handicap them for value and NT potential?

I'm assuming I'll list Bryan when I promote tomorrow and train Bernard when he promotes in PM for a while, while assessing a plan for him.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » October 26th, 2021, 12:11 am

An 8-2 win against 5th keeps me top by a point. Next week we are away to the bottom team, that didnt turn up for their last game and had to forfeit a walkover. So I guess we might keep that one point lead for another week. We play our rival in week 13, that will be the biggie.

e

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » October 29th, 2021, 7:01 pm

Week 9

Kevster's IV.27

I thought I might win at home this week, but I lost 1-3. Seemed harsh. Never mind, onwards and downwards we go. It's all part of the plan. I'll definitely lose this week whatever I do, so I'll continue playing my HG trainees for experience. Fans are really angry.

A deserved 2-0 victory against the team that had been matching me for points to put me clear in second on more than goal difference. However, the new team in third is only a point behind and much stronger on paper. They didn't turn to bot a mid-season, but otherwise appear ownerless, however, they could certainly pass me and beat me to second, particularly as I have yet to play them away.

My newly expanded stadium (+7,000) was almost sold out immediately, so a new expansion is already underway (+4,000).

Fly Suckers, VI, England
Away victory to an active team. Still aiming for 100% season.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » November 8th, 2021, 11:51 am

Couple of games to catch up on...but not much excitement to report on down here in series V....

A 0-4 away win to the team in #8 and a 6-0 home win to the team in #6 keeps us at #1. #2 won both his games too, and stays sat 1 pt behind me.
I'm away to #7 next, before playing #2 at home in what remains the league decider.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”