Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford,GrahamPlatt, for Donating to support the site

HSBC Jade

Discussing offers, rates and deals on suppliers
Steveam
Lemon Slice

HSBC Jade

Postby Steveam » January 25th, 2023, 5:59 pm

HSBC are removing the Jade branding and Jade account holders will become Premier. The benefits of Jade are being maintained (grandfathered) for current Jade account holders.

Of particular interest to me is the travel insurance to age 80 and this is being maintained but becomes HSBC Premier (retained Jade benefits) Worldwide Travel Insurance.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: HSBC Jade

Postby Dod101 » January 25th, 2023, 8:23 pm

Steveam wrote:HSBC are removing the Jade branding and Jade account holders will become Premier. The benefits of Jade are being maintained (grandfathered) for current Jade account holders.

Of particular interest to me is the travel insurance to age 80 and this is being maintained but becomes HSBC Premier (retained Jade benefits) Worldwide Travel Insurance.

What did Jade give that Premier does not? Looks like travel cover to age 80. I think Premier gives it only to 70 or 75. Premier does not seem to give anything otherwise except maybe a bit more on some savings accounts but nothing discernible to me.

Dod

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » January 25th, 2023, 8:36 pm

Dod101 wrote:
Steveam wrote:HSBC are removing the Jade branding and Jade account holders will become Premier. The benefits of Jade are being maintained (grandfathered) for current Jade account holders.

What did Jade give that Premier does not? Looks like travel cover to age 80. I think Premier gives it only to 70 or 75. Premier does not seem to give anything otherwise except maybe a bit more on some savings accounts but nothing discernible to me.

I reached a similar conclusion when I looked at Jade. And doesn't it require a million in assets with HSBC, versus 50K for Premier?

Of course they do not charge a monthly fee like some other banks. Other than the opportunity cost of having to park all that money there.

Neither is much to shout about. Could be handy if you plan to relocate to another country, I guess.

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Postby AF62 » January 26th, 2023, 11:34 am

Lootman wrote:Neither is much to shout about.

One benefit of the Premier (and I assume Jade) ‘free’ worldwide travel insurance is that it has a lengthy list of accepted medical conditions that don’t require notification or payment of an additional fee, conditions that ‘bundled’ travel insurance products with other banks do require notification and fees paid.

Also the fee to extend from the included 30 day maximum trip to longer is pretty reasonable, especially given the accepted conditions.

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”