Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Bosch Rotak lawnmowers.

Making your money go further
CatcheeMonkee
Lemon Pip

Bosch Rotak lawnmowers.

Postby CatcheeMonkee » November 18th, 2016, 11:27 am

Some time ago, on the 'other' site, we discussed lawnmowers and Bosch Rotaks were recommended by many including myself. HOWEVER, their new ones (distinguishable by a green front panel, rather than a black front panel, are IMHO substandard in manufacture and performance. In particular, there is a big bulge in the area around the blade where grass gets caught. OK, they may work in ideal conditions but are sods with slightly damp grass. To be avoided. The green fronted one I bought in the summer is being replaced already, Amazon has the older style in Black Friday deals (price £98.99, 43" size.) So I've treated myself. Wish me better luck this time!

www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Ergoflex-Electri ... B00SBN17VY

For the benefit of doubt; the ones to avoid, and here is a link to the one I've already 'binned', looks like this:

www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Rotak-36-Electri ... B00SBN19J4

CatcheeMonkee
Lemon Pip

Re: Bosch Rotak lawnmowers.

Postby CatcheeMonkee » November 18th, 2016, 12:15 pm

Well, since I posted the above, my new UK-made (black-fronted) lawnmower has arrived and it's like night and day to the Chinese-made (green-fronted) one it replaced. More like the Rotaks of old and recommended.

marmalade100

Re: Bosch Rotak lawnmowers.

Postby marmalade100 » November 22nd, 2016, 11:36 am

I have a battery powered Rotax 34 and it's been very good; far better with batteries than with the cable, although somewhat more expensive.

Return to “Living Below Your Means”