Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to nimnarb,Clitheroekid,AndyPandy,DrFfybes,smokey01, for Donating to support the site

The Beer You Are Drinking Right Now

your favourite tipple - wine, beer, spirits
simoan
Lemon Quarter

Re: The Beer You Are Drinking Right Now

Postby simoan » January 5th, 2024, 1:42 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:This evening at our superb beer pub, it was a new (to me) revelation. A couple of pints of Greene King Yardbird. An easy-drinking pale ale with a lovely middling flavour. Just right to refresh the vocal tract after singing. From a brewery one associates with their mainstream take-it-or-leave-it IPA and Abbott - the latter a former regular from my time in its backyard many years ago.

A lot of the pubs around here are Greene King. I don’t normally frequent them because I don’t like their beers and the food is bang average, but I agree Yardbird is the best of a dull selection. Nice thirst quencher if out walking.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » January 12th, 2024, 7:13 pm

Just downed a Kernel Chinook Pale Ale 5.3% and onto a Polly’s “How it Remastered” Pale Ale 5.6%. Both lovely. Both Xmas presents. Can’t believe it’s 7 years this week since Bowie left us. I cried on and off for two days. Also exactly 12 months since I got a phone call and text message from NHS111 telling me my blood calcium level was 4.8 and they had told A&E to expect me in the next half hour. I had the worst Ambukance Driver in the world. My other half. God bless her.

All the best, Si

Imbiber
Lemon Slice

Postby Imbiber » February 5th, 2024, 4:35 pm

Thornbridge Cocoa Wonderland, chocolate porter 6.8% .A gorgeous subtle hint of chocolate and coffee.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » February 5th, 2024, 6:19 pm

Bavaria 0.0% Original a true alcohol-free beer and Guinness Zero.

I do dry February, partially because there's too much booze left in January but mainly because it's only 4 weeks.
Keep getting caught by leap years.

GrandOiseau
Lemon Slice

Postby GrandOiseau » February 6th, 2024, 10:36 pm

sweetsour

Postby sweetsour » July 23rd, 2024, 7:19 am

I’m currently sipping on some SOJU and San Mig Beer. I first tried these during a trip to South Korea, thanks to my guide from https://gowithguide.com/korea for introducing me this drink. It’s quite a treat, and I have to say, it’s pretty fun when you drop a spoon into the glass—it makes a bit of a “bomb” effect! Cheers to trying new things and enjoying old favorites.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » July 23rd, 2024, 10:33 am

sweetsour wrote:I’m currently sipping on some SOJU and San Mig Beer. I first tried these during a trip to South Korea, thanks to my guide from https://gowithguide.com/korea for introducing me this drink. It’s quite a treat, and I have to say, it’s pretty fun when you drop a spoon into the glass—it makes a bit of a “bomb” effect! Cheers to trying new things and enjoying old favorites.

LOL, I had to Google Soju. (Poor provincial hick that I am. :D ) Apparently its ingredients are listed as distilled ethanol made from sweet potatoes and tapioca, plus sweeteners and flavourings.

The Germans alternate glasses of schnapps with glasses of beer, but I hadn't heard of mixing them directly in the glass. Think I'll probably stick with Guinness. Although it doesn't make a teaspoon go fizzy. (And you wouldn't see it if it did.) ;)

BJ

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » July 23rd, 2024, 11:19 am

bungeejumper wrote:
sweetsour wrote:I’m currently sipping on some SOJU and San Mig Beer. I first tried these during a trip to South Korea, thanks to my guide from https://gowithguide.com/korea for introducing me this drink. It’s quite a treat, and I have to say, it’s pretty fun when you drop a spoon into the glass—it makes a bit of a “bomb” effect! Cheers to trying new things and enjoying old favorites.

LOL, I had to Google Soju. (Poor provincial hick that I am. :D ) Apparently its ingredients are listed as distilled ethanol made from sweet potatoes and tapioca, plus sweeteners and flavourings.

The Germans alternate glasses of schnapps with glasses of beer, but I hadn't heard of mixing them directly in the glass. Think I'll probably stick with Guinness. Although it doesn't make a teaspoon go fizzy. (And you wouldn't see it if it did.) ;)

BJ

Isn't that mixing thing a boilermaker? Of which the Jaggerbomb is one of the most famous/iconic?

I know I've been places where they've "paired" beer and spirits for the purpose - if you ask nicely they'll normally keep them apart for the traditional chase experience ;)

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » July 23rd, 2024, 8:43 pm

bungeejumper wrote:

BJ

I had no idea about soju, nor interest in something appearing in the same sentence as San Mig.

But surely the alternating you describe is what Brits call a chaser?

Return to “Drink”