Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

CA & N Guidelines

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
XFool
The full Lemon

CA & N Guidelines

Postby XFool » March 6th, 2023, 9:20 pm

WRT Current Affairs & News - Board Guidelines. This part of the Guidance (underlined) still remains substantially false. This has been pointed out previously.

Further Guidance
Any discussion that gets mired in entrenched positions is likely to be locked. This board is visible to all registered and non-registered users, so will be tightly moderated.
Last edited by XFool on March 6th, 2023, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: CA & N Guidelines

Postby Lootman » March 6th, 2023, 9:28 pm

XFool wrote:WRT Current Affairs & News - Board Guidlines. This part of the Guidance (underlined) still remains substantially false. This has been pointed out previously.

Further Guidance
Any discussion that gets mired in entrenched positions is likely to be locked. This board is visible to all registered and non-registered users, so will be tightly moderated.

That was the case back when CAN was PD and that board required registration. But when PD became CAN that was dropped and now anyone, whether a Lemon or not, can see what is there.

I actually thought that PD back then was better behaved and so am curious why CAN is open to all.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » March 6th, 2023, 9:35 pm

Lootman wrote:
XFool wrote:WRT Current Affairs & News - Board Guidlines. This part of the Guidance (underlined) still remains substantially false. This has been pointed out previously.

Further Guidance

That was the case back when CAN was PD and that board required registration. But when PD became CAN that was dropped and now anyone, whether a Lemon or not, can see what is there.

This was said last time...

In my world, the TLF site just works differently, then.

Out of curiosity, how many moons does your planet have? :)

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » March 6th, 2023, 9:40 pm

XFool wrote:
Lootman wrote:

Further Guidance

This was said last time...

In my world, the TLF site just works differently, then.

A homework assignment for you. Sign out of TLF. Then access the site without logging in.

Guess what? You can see everything in CAN.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » March 6th, 2023, 9:46 pm

Lootman wrote:
XFool wrote:In my world, the TLF site just works differently, then.

A homework assignment for you. Sign out of TLF. Then access the site without logging in.

Guess what? You can see everything in CAN.

Likely this too was said last time...

I am currently using MS Edge browser. When I first pointed the above out it was years ago - presumably after the start of the current arrangements with CAN - I would have been using an Opera browser. Same thing.

So, either it is different for people using FireFox (or some other) browsers, or something else is going on.

I'm just reporting what I am seeing. Which is exactly the same as I have been seeing since the start of CAN. I only mention it now as, following a minor update to CAN Guidelines, I get to read the Guidelines again.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » March 6th, 2023, 10:28 pm

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » March 6th, 2023, 11:31 pm

XFool wrote:WRT Current Affairs & News - Board Guidelines. This part of the Guidance (underlined) still remains substantially false. This has been pointed out previously.

Further Guidance

Hmm. It looks as if you may partially correct. I logged out and could access CAN and could read the opening post of each topic, but below that it read...

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

I wonder if Stooz has changed it.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » March 6th, 2023, 11:52 pm

...See my previous post.

I still think it would be best, and less confusing, to alter the wording as suggested in my original post referenced (eventually) via the above.

That the text: "This board is visible to all registered and non-registered users, so will be tightly moderated." - be changed to read:

"This board will be tightly moderated."

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » March 7th, 2023, 7:34 am

I think in reality CAN isn't really "tightly moderated" but rather it is a place where more reports/moderation occurs because of the divisive nature of the subject matter (and possibly posters). C.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » March 7th, 2023, 8:41 am

...OK. But my quoted comment still stands. That the text: "This board is visible to all registered and non-registered users..." be removed or significantly altered, as it is potentially confusing to human users of TLF.

Why? Because:

1. It appears addressed to human users of TLF, to whom it does not apply.

2. It can (apparently) apply to non-human users of TLF, who (presumably) won't read it.

:?
Last edited by XFool on March 7th, 2023, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » March 7th, 2023, 8:45 am

Self evidently it is not tightly moderated. For instance, subject matter which is opinion is freely allowed, and opinion is neither Current Affairs nor News.

Dod

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » March 7th, 2023, 8:48 am

...This has nothing to do with "moderation" (for once!).

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » March 7th, 2023, 5:09 pm

Stooz has confirmed that changes were made some time ago, so that only the first post is visible to non-registered users. I have updated the guidelines accordingly to read,

Any discussion that gets mired in entrenched positions is likely to be locked. This board is visible to all registered users and partially visible to the world, so will be tightly moderated. Any post that attacks another person (as opposed to their opinion or words) will be deleted or edited.

The intention is to keep the board well behaved and polite, so I will retain the rest of the text about tight moderation. You are welcome to hold your own opinions on whether that is done or not.

Clariman

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”