Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford,GrahamPlatt, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUS Buttons

Discussions regarding financial software
Maylix
2 Lemon pips

HYPTUS Buttons

Postby Maylix » March 18th, 2023, 1:14 pm

Hi
I've been using the HYPTUS tool for a few years now and I find it very useful, so first-off many thanks to the guys that developed it and keep it current (Kiloran et al).
I have a recurring problem with the buttons on the main sheet; they start off OK, all in the right positions but after a while they get jumbled up, overlapping each other and piling one on top of another, so eg, I get 3 buttons on top of each other and cant get to the bottom two. I've worked around it so far by living with it, and then downloading a new version when it gets too much, but obviously that is a pain because I have to reload my holdings etc.
I suspect I'm causing the problem myself by freezing the panes on the sheet so that I can scroll up/down and sideways on my sheet and still have the ticker and headings visible, but I don't know for sure, and I also suspect that I could re-position the buttons back to their original positions if my excel skills were a bit better, but they're not (atm!)

Have others come across this same problem before, and if so how have they resolved it? any ideas/musings gratefully received!

TIA
MayLix

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: HYPTUS Buttons

Postby monabri » March 18th, 2023, 1:29 pm

The button resizing occurs from time to time. It is an easy fix.

viewtopic.php?p=535585#p535585

Maylix
2 Lemon pips

Postby Maylix » March 18th, 2023, 6:21 pm

monabri wrote:The button resizing occurs from time to time. It is an easy fix.

Great Monabri, even though my problem was the buttons re-positioning, rather than re-sizing, the fix that you dug up allowed me to re-position the buttons and they still seem to work, so thanks and have a rec!

Cheers
MayLix

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » March 19th, 2023, 7:15 am

Maylix wrote:
monabri wrote:
The button resizing occurs from time to time. It is an easy fix.

Great Monabri, even though my problem was the buttons re-positioning, rather than re-sizing, the fix that you dug up allowed me to re-position the buttons and they still seem to work

Cross-post to an alternative solution if required -

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=38459

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”