Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

A new era for tennis?

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: A new era for tennis?

Postby Dod101 » July 19th, 2023, 10:12 am

Bubblesofearth wrote:
Dod101 wrote:I watched the final despite myself today and was delighted to see that Alcaraz won. I hope he is not a Radacanu.

Hardly, he's already won 2 slams, numerous other tournaments and is World no.1. Head and shoulders ahead of the rest of the next gen.

The scheduling though for some of the earlier matches was surely ridiculous, having the big names play their games at times to suit mass television audiences and thus resulting in many matches being split in two halves and being played well on into the evening. Do other countries do this as well?

Dod

I agree scheduling was farcical. If there is a particular match they want to suit tv audience they could do that by saying 'not before' for that match much as IIRC the French do at RG. Not really sure what the reason is, someone mentioned to suit hospitality guests which, if true, would be even more farcical.

BoE

Thanks. As I said I do not watch much tennis but I am glad that Alcaraz has previous! Seems a calm well adjusted guy.

Dod

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”