Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to nimnarb,Clitheroekid,AndyPandy,DrFfybes,smokey01, for Donating to support the site

Vaccine reactions predict antibody response

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Vaccine reactions predict antibody response

Postby GrahamPlatt » June 11th, 2024, 9:41 am

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M23-2956

See figure 2.

Not really surprising, but welcome news that your suffering counts for something!

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Re: Vaccine reactions predict antibody response

Postby stevensfo » July 17th, 2024, 9:17 pm

GrahamPlatt wrote:https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M23-2956

See figure 2.

Not really surprising, but welcome news that your suffering counts for something!

Convergent self-report and objective biometric findings indicate that short-term systemic side effects of SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccination are associated with greater long-lasting nAB responses. This may be relevant in addressing negative attitudes toward vaccine side effects, which are a barrier to vaccine uptake.

My first booster shot will not be forgotten in a hurry. Approx 18 hours after the shot, I was driving to work when c. 8:30, something like a brick wall hit me. I promptly turned around and went home.

I felt much worse than both times with Covid and even worse than the flu (which for me, makes Covid feel like a cold in comparison.)

It lasted exactly 12 hours. By 21:00, I felt fine.

Hopefully, I have plenty of antibodies.

Steve

PS I keep my eyes open for sparrows coughing. Don't want to get Avian flu! ;)

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”